Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Quiet, too quiet...

I was rarely labeled "Too quiet" before I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. Since my diagnosis, it's been much easier for others to hear themselves think, to slip in a word edgewise, too make themselves heard over the dull roar. But a blogger is supposed to spout regularly, and often.

As a blogger, I've let you down. I wouldn't blame you if you've begun seeing other bloggers behind my back. Rendezvousing in No Tell Motels for a fix of obscure PD info, or a saucy-yet-thoughtful  opinion. Tawdry, yes. But still, understandable.

What is behind my increasingly sporadic posts to this page? Have I been deteriorating to the point where I can barely type? Have I run out of things to say? Has PD finally gotten the upper hand?

Quite the opposite. I've become such a notorious loudmouth that I am now blogging at the invitation of two other sites. Health Union, on their Parkinson's pages, and the Northwest Parkinson's Disease Foundation, on their Community Blog. But that doesn't mean I should neglect Off and On. So my apologies. I'll do better.

No comments: