Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Semi-Collected Adventures of that Semi-Collected Superhero, Flash Molasses

Here they are folks! The almost full collection of the adventures in Parkinson's Disease of that plucky PWP, Flash Molasses! Apologies for vagaries in formatting. For instance,  I see there are two episodes labeled #8. The first should be labled  #7. Why it isn't, I haven't a clue. I'm pretty sure there is no episode 13, in a rare incidence of triskadecaphobia, I seem to have omitted it. But maybe there is. All the drawings can be enlarged individually by clicking on them.

You can see Molasses evolve and devolve as I shaped him over time and as PD began to sabotage my drawing. Then he snaps into focus following my DBS operation in 2008.

The final horizontal-format drawing was my contribution to Team Cul de Sac, the cartoonist's project to raise money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation. The brainchild of Chris Sparks, in honor of cartoonist Richard Thompson, Team Cul de Sac has raised over $100,000 for the eradication of Parkinson's Disease.
















































































































































































































































































































































No comments: