Monday, September 13, 2010

As if you were not already busy enough...

OK Parkie Pals, limber up those fingers to mark the following dates on your calendars: TODAY the 13th, 1:00 Telehealth Seminar interactive info session on PD at Providence hospital second floor of the new cancer wing.


Sept 18,Saturday at our regular meeting at the Pioneer Home at 3:30 we will have a presentation on Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson's Disease from Swedish Hospital in Seattle. Peggy Short, Advanced Nurse Practitioner and DBS programmer will be our main guest. This meeting will also be attended by Keely Daily of Medtronic, the makers of the deep brain stimulator. Unfortunately Dr. Ron Young, a DBS surgeon had to cancel his participation.

Remember our DBS motto, "You need PD like you need a hole in your head." I'll see you there.

Oh, one more thing, I festinated across an excellent blog for those of you who have the exalted, or exhausted, status of PD caregiver. The blog is "Slow and Easy" you can find it here

Must run now, or at least shuffle,

Peter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, I wish I would have read this earlier. I would have gone to the telehealth seminar today.

I will plan on being there on the 18th. Sounds interesting.

Curious what others are taking for meds for PD.

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

Hi Georgia, if you send me a current email address, I can put you on the email list with alerts to functions like the telehealth talks. My email is

dunlapshohl@gmail.com

I also post alerts here on the blog, but the email list saves you the trouble of coming here to look.

Support group meetings are a good place to find out what people are doing to take on their case of PD. they are free and open to anyone interested in Parkinson's.