Sunday, February 12, 2012

Parkinson's Comic Manuscript Completed. Now For the Hard Part

I put on a burst of unparkinson's-like speed yesterday and finished the manuscript of "A Mixed Cursing" That was fun. Now begins the task of finding a way to get it published. There are a number of avenues as the publishing industry writhes and convulses with the changes wrought by that unbottled genie the World Wide Web. "Come into my parlor", said the spider to the fly... I will post news of the progress of the book-to-be as it develops.

In the meantime, this blog will return to its old self, albeit with (I hope) occasional excited notes about the progress of the manuscript to finished form and publication. Below are the three pages of the post-script for your feedback. Critical comments welcome! Bonus points to those who identify the references to Albert Einstein and Douglas Adams (click on images to enlarge.)

6 comments:

richardcthompson said...

Awe some!

I especially like the pill-bottle chess game.

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

Thanks Richard, that's encouraging. Even as I write this there are details and visual hangnails clamoring to be tweaked, trimmed or otherwise dealt with. In fact they are making such a racket, it's hard for a guy to concentrate on anything else. It does feel good to have this much done. For fun, I'm going to taper off by doing my taxes.

We return you now to your regularly scheduled Maori dance session.


Peter

Adele said...

This wish at the end and the reminder that there is no ordinary is beautiful.

I like your expansion of the beginning, too, Peter.

Thank you for sharing this as you've created it. It is personal to you, yet still universal to our condition.

(I agree with the ending allusion that God does not play dice with the universe but maybe with a few brains here and there?)

Adele

Adele Hensley
Clinton, MS

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

Hi Adele,

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I don't know if Einstein was correct about God and dice, but I suspect that you are correct about God and brains.

Dice or no, we're lucky to be here.

Best,

Peter

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

Richard, Re: Awe Some, thanks for the hint. The corrected version now reads simply "Hup!"

Pete

Adele said...

You are right, incredibly lucky.