Wednesday, December 28, 2011

He Won't Get Far on Foot...

(Click on photo to enlarge) Just as I reached my car to depart for home after finishing up a segment of a radio show, I noticed that I had left a story in my tracks. The tracks in the foreground right, heading away from my camera are the prints I made going in. The set of tracks on the left, after spending an hour and a half inside the building, are the later tracks I made as I returned to my faithful Subaru. Anything strike you as odd about them? How about this: The stride on the left is about half as long as the stride on the right. Yet both were made by the same person. Holy festination Holmes, the poor blighter was entering an "Off" state as he walked back to his car! His medications were sputtering out and his ability to move freely through space is literally vanishing before our eyes! The early steps show him enjoying an "on" state, with his medications putting the cut in his strut and the glide in his exuberant stride. But the return steps tell of a world of neurological woe. As John Callahan said "He won't get far on foot".

3 comments:

Steve said...

I didn't notice the shorter stride when I looked, but I did notice that you seemed to drag both feet in the off state. But I think I'd rather you walk than drive until the meds kick in again, no?

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

It is certainly one more thing one has to weigh before getting behind the wheel. Along with how many drinks have I had and how tired am I, I ask myself if I am impaired by either too much or too little medication. Sufficeth to say I don't drive much, partly because I believe that even if I were involved in an accident that was not my fault, I would still be blamed because I have PD.

ECleary78 said...

Oeter I think that photo is a work of art and a loud statement about on/off and life is PD in general. I'd frame it!