Sunday, October 15, 2017

Parkinson's Can't Take Cartooning Away From Me. Not yet, Anyway

About a year ago, I ran into Matt Bors at a cartooning convention. Matt has, through sheer force of his considerable will, created one of the most provocative, smart cartooning sites on the Web,"The Nib". To my surprise, he had read my book, and said he liked it.  He proposed that I do a piece for his site, emphasizing the cartooning aspect of my struggle with Parkinon's Disease.  I did. To make a long story short, here it is.








4 comments:

KeepingPlace said...

love your guts and your drawings from a fellow traveller of the PD kind

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

Thank you, fellow traveler. It's good to have company on this winding, grinding road. Peter

Unknown said...

You can include me on your trip. A former colleague of yours and dear family friend pointed me toward your blog and I am grateful. As a recently diagnosed PD patient in my mid 50s, it's hard not to feel jerked over at times. I really like your attitude. Thank you.

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

The more the merrier. Wait, that can't be right...